Bella Vista MD is located on the shores of the Elk River in the Port Herman neighborhood of Chesapeake City, MD.
At the turn of the century, the small, waterfront community on the Elk River shore was the place to be to escape the oppressive heat and humidity of the city.
A large summer hotel opened the summer of 1888, called the Elk River House. This historic property is located next door to Bella Vista MD and now a beautiful residential home.
The tourist crowds are a thing of the past in this tranquil rural location but a unique part of Cecil County’s Victorian history is preserved in this little picturesque riverside community.
Accommodations & About Your Stay
Bella Vista MD is the perfect vacation rental for families, bridal parties, Mastermind Retreats, or Holiday Gatherings year round.
Bob and Gretchen
Bob and Gretchen are World Travelers and know what visitors want from their accommodation. Gretchen has been a Real Estate Broker for residential real estate for 40 years. She knows what people want in a house to make it a home.
With this combined expertise, Bob and Gretchen present Bella Vista to guests as their home away from home. Every aspect of your visit has been carefully considered because Bella Vista is their home too!
Many wonderful family memories have been made for their family here at Bella Vista and now they share that possibility for you and your family.
Bob and Gretchen welcome you to build enduring memories at Bella Vista in Chesapeake City, MD.
Hear what our guests are saying about us!
Have a Question?
Policies & F.A.Q.
Checkin & Checkout
- No pets
- No smoking, parties, or events
- Check-in is anytime after 3 PM and
checkout by 10 AM
- No boats OR boat trailers allowed on property
- Boats are allowed to tie up to the dock.
- Must climb stairs
- Security Deposit - if you damage the home, you may be charged up to $1500
- Cleaning fees are always refunded if the reservation is canceled before check-in.
- The Airbnb service fee is refundable, up to 3 times per year, within 48 hours of booking. Separately, if a guest cancels a reservation that overlaps with any part of an existing reservation, we won’t refund the Airbnb service fee if they decide to cancel.
- Accommodation fees (the total nightly rate you’re charged) are refundable in certain circumstances as outlined below.
- If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to Airbnb within 24 hours of check-in.
- Airbnb will mediate when
necessary,and has the final say in all disputes.
- A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the cancellation confirmation page, which they can find in Dashboard > Your Trips > Change or Cancel.
- Cancellation policies may be superseded by the Guest Refund Policy, extenuating circumstances, or cancellations by Airbnb for any other reason permitted under the Terms of Service. Please review these exceptions.